The decision whether to host your CMMS system on your own servers or use external servers and the cloud is an important one. There are pros and cons for each methods, from security to control and ease of use. Assessing your own needs and reviewing the options is the first step.
Having your CMMS and database in the cloud, hosted or as using SaaS (software as a service) all come with the same advantages and disadvantages.
Positive items for having your software hosted include:
- Reduced burden on internal IT resources
- State-of-the-art data security, automatic back-ups, and guaranteed connectivity
- Support and training made easy with direct access to your database(s)
- Hassle-free software updates and maintenance
On the other hand, if you have the resources of an IT department and are desire the control of having your servers at your site, hosting the software is the best option.
Some pluses for hosting internally would include:
- More complete control
- Servers located on-site
- Can be accesed from intranet
MicroMain has solutions for both methods.
- MicroMain Maintenance Management, purchase-host (you buy the software, we supply the hosting)
- MicroMain Maintenance Management, hosted software (nothing to buy, pay monthly for software access)
If you want help determining which option if best for your organization, contact one of our CMMS experts.
Have Questions?Our CMMS Experts Can Help
Book a free demo to get your questions answered and to get a personal tour of our software
Start a Free TrialNo Credit Card Required
Explore all of the powerful features of our CMMS / EAM software and see how easy it is to use.
Watch Demo VideosSee Our Software In Action
Want to see how our software works? Watch some of our helpful demo videos!