MicroMain offers exceptional customer support for our MicroMain Maintenance and Facility Management software online and over the phone. After 30 days of free and unlimited support that comes with every purchase, many customers opt to purchase a Priority Support Subscription, knowing that MicroMain experts are always available as their system grows and their maintenance needs change.
Current customers who have questions or are experiencing a problem can access the MicroMain Support Portal. The support portal is the #1 stop for MicroMain questions. You’ll probably find your answer in our extensive Knowledgebase. If not, feel free to submit a support ticket to have a member of MicroMain’s Support Team work with you directly. The MicroMain Support Portal includes MicroMain News, installation documentation, tips, implementation guides, and many other sources of information. You can also quickly see newly posted Knowledgebase articles and most popular Knowledgebase articles.
MicroMain offers support in three ways:
- Unlimited over the phone or online support for first 30 days or with a Priority Support Subscription
- Free access to articles through the Support Portal
- Pay-as-you-go, over the phone or online
Because the Priority Support Subscription also includes free product upgrades and discounts on training and the annual Users Conference, many customers find this option to be the best value.
Phone and Online Support
You can reach MicroMain technical support as follows:
- On our toll-free Customer Support Hotline: 1-888-888-1300
- Via our online support portal: MicroMain Support Portal
Priority Support Subscription
A Priority Support Subscription (PSS) entitles users to:
- Free product upgrades
- Unlimited access to our toll-free Customer Support Hotline: 1-888-888-1300
- Online support: MicroMain Support Portal
- Discounts on training and registration for MicroMain’s annual Users Conference
MicroMain recommends that customers maintain an active PSS to ensure that they are benefiting from technology improvements and that their software maintains compatibility as operating systems change/are updated.