There are multiple issues that may arise after installing specific Microsoft updates released on August 14th, 2012.
- Navigation menu locked, or does not work properly
- Error 35613: ImageList must be initialized before it can be used
- Error 2501: The OpenForm action was canceled
- Error 459: Object or class does not support the set of events
- Error 48: Error in loading DLL
- Any of a number of errors referring to ActiveX controls
- The expression … you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: …
- The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
- There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro
These symptoms may occur after applying one or more of several Microsoft security updates that affect specific files MicroMain requires to run. These updates are described in Microsoft security bulletin MS12-060. The known updates that can cause this problem are:
- Security Update for Office 2003 (KB2687323): MSCOMCTL
- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687441)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2597986)
If you are experiencing one of the symptoms described above, this is likely due to a recent security update to Microsoft Office. Please click the link that best describes the issue you are experiencing under Symptoms above to be taken directly to the resolution for that particular issue.