Optimizing preventive maintenance tasks performed is an effective way to streamline maintenance and help reduce the likelihood of failures. Simple changes in process and a little more planning are all that is needed.
Marshall Institute is an asset management consulting and training company dedicated to helping companies improve the maintenance contribution to their organizational performance. Their president, Greg Folts spoke at our Users Conference this past year and gave some helpful tips for optimizing PMs.
- Compare failure to current maintenance strategy
- Consider the effectiveness and efficiency of the current strategy
- Use the experience of the shop floor
- Consider the consequence of the failure
- Consider what type of PM can be utilized
- Knowing the different failure modes of assets is also vital to planning PMs. The graphic below illustrates the types of failure and how to best plan for them.
To read the full list of PM Optimization tips and other information, visit the Marshall Institute to get the presentation (name and email required). Also, look forward to guest blog posts from the industry experts at Marshall Institute in the coming year.